Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Furniture Choices

The general design or style of my furniture is traditional, but distressed.  I want my home to always be inviting and warm.  I want family and friends to feel like they can come in kick off their shoes and curl up on the sofa. 

So in order to maintain this style, I have to buy piecemeal which means I adore furniture sales.  More than that, I LOVE it when floor samples are sold.  There is simply no better bargain, and since most of my items are distressed, a dent or scratch here and there just looks like part of the plan.  :)  

EA is having a 30% off on one item sale this month so I went in to have a final look-see and decide on which item to apply that discount.  

But instead I find that the floor sample bookcase set that I've been wanting for years....literally.....is up for sale.  Of course the 30% discount doesn't apply when its a floor sample on sale, but that's just fine by me because it's almost 50% off and the right color for the study, YAY!!




This is a three piece unit with interior lighting.  The best feature is that it is glass enclosed. Along with the books, I'll be able to put some of my MA dolls in there as well as maybe a few tea cups, though it will mostly be books.

While I was at the store, I checked out counter stools and found some that are wonderfully comfortable, especially at it relates to my bad back.  There are three designs, with the Baylor being the favorite choice.  The only issue is they are iron, but in a silver tone.  Everything in the house will be in oil-rubbed bronze so I don't think these will do.  Kind of sad because I could sit in these chairs for hours and not ache.  



Baylor, Becker Dempsey (the bottom left Dempsey was in the store with fabric seat.

 Now the hunt is on to find stools that are as comfortable as these but in the right metal or wood finish to go with the rest of the house.   


Last for tonight's post is the ceiling fans.  I found the exact same fan that was in the Plano house but I also found another I like.  The first fan will be for the family room, but the second one is coming in at a super close second.  I might just buy both and decide on which room later because the 1st one would do very well in the media room as well as the family room.  


1st choice for family room.



2nd choice for family room.  This will more than likely go in the media room since it does not have a remote.

It's late and I have to work tomorrow, so off to bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment