Sunday, October 30, 2016

Week 21: Moving Along

Week 21 and all the interior doors have been installed and the base boards in the bedrooms, office and media room is done. The closets and both pantries have shelving, and the shelf over the W&D in the laundry room is in.  

Speaking of, they must have been working in there yesterday because there is a river of water in the laundry room that has flowed into the media room, master closet, hallway closet and the half-bath.  I let the sales person know when I stopped by the office and he called someone go over right away to see if it was an actual issue, or if someone forgot to close a valve all the way. 

I measured out several area's today and sadly discovered that my wonderful plan for the craft room won't work.  There is not enough room between the long wall and the window.  There is only 9 inches to work with there, and the plan cuts into the window by 5 inches.  So change in plan; once in, I'll keep the bulk of the room packed and play around with the craft furniture for awhile until it falls into place.  Probably best to do that anyway; it would be a pain to go with a plan, unpack everything and then find the flow is off and have to move everything all over again.  

The front guest room is all planned out; the bed, night stand, chair and my Grandmother's beautiful vanity are measured and will fit perfectly into the space.  Since that room faces the street, it will have plantation shutters asap.  The only thing missing is artwork.  

And speaking of, the gorgeous picture below was my Mom's.  It is a very large piece and I plan to hang it right in the main hallway on the opposite wall from the office.  It will have natural light, but no direct light, which will really show it off nicely.

It is currently hanging in my office at work so the color in this picture is not very good.  The prominent color is obviously green, but there are purple, blue, yellow and some pale pink flowers in the foreground.  I have always loved this picture and I am thrilled to have such a great spot to hang it in the new house.  




A few pictures of the current installs.

Media room from the far corner.  I like that this has the double doors.  

Kitchen Pantry.  I will ask tomorrow if I can have one more shelf at the top installed.

Master bedroom, doors installed and trimmed and the base board trim all in.  Love that there are some many electrical outlets.  The two that are side-by-side are actually for cable/internet.

Kitchen nook from where the fireplace hearth will be.  

This is the hallway pantry; it is right outside the laundry room and next to the coat closet.  I was thinking this would be good for guest towels and such, but there is so much room in the guest bath and closet, that it would be easier to just keep the towels there.  Love that I have storage options.  

It's late and monthly close starts tomorrow.  **sigh** Long long days and very little sleep will is how this next week will go.   

Can't wait to get into this house so I can start looking for a new job.  


No comments:

Post a Comment