Saturday, August 20, 2016

Dirt

In May 2016 I signed papers to begin building a new home. 

My brother and sister-in-law went with me to home shop and check out the models that I had been looking at on line.  I originally wanted model number 512T, but once we saw the actual home (it was under construction and not actually one of the models) I changed my mind.  Model 554 has 2248 square feet on a single level and with my bad knees it didn't make any sense to have the other model. 

Below are the first pictures of my lot.  This lot sits above the homes on the street behind by 6.5 feet.  This is a good thing, because even a home that is two levels will not impact my privacy.  Only the homes on either side of me will be able to look into my back yard and only then if they are both built at two level and not a single.  The fences are 6 feet in height so with that 6.5 foot retaining wall and the 6 foot fence, I will have wonderful privacy directly behind the house.

So here are a couple pictures, the first in the timeline, of the lot.

Lets call this WEEK 1 PICTURES:

June 11th; this was the week the electrical and sewer work was started.  This is standing at the north corner of the lot, looking north east.

This is pretty much the same shot, only I was standing on the south lot line at the curb.

This is taken from the street behind my lot, directly behind,  The retaining wall is 6.5 feet and the fence that will go on top of that wall will be another 6 feet.  Not that I will, but if I look over the fence in the future, I'll look down into the back yard of the house that will be built here. 
 
This is standing in the middle of my lot looking towards the street.  Kind of distorted, my car looks like its far away, but it really wasn't.


Thank you for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment