Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Week 12 - Waiting on Inspection

Every week my builder calls to give an update on the status of the build.  So the Monday after Week 11, he called to tell me windows are in and framing is complete but now things will start to slow down.  Between each stage of completion, the builder has to wait for the state/city/county (I don't know which) inspector to come to the site and approve the work.  I called on Friday of week 12 to see if the inspector had come by, but no.  

That turned out to be a good thing because my current home went on the market Friday the 26th, plus I had to work all weekend so there was nothing to miss by not going over to the house.  

This week instead of pictures of the house itself, the pictures will be of the selections for the interior and the exterior brick.  

This is the exterior brick which is called Flagstaff.  I love the various shades and there is a hint of red in there.  That was the one regret I had with my current home, it was a spec home so I didn't get a choice with the brick.

The carpet will be in the two bedrooms and the media room; the hardwood flooring is everywhere else except for the bathrooms and laundry room.  The tile above the wood floor is the laundry room, guest and half baths.  The tiles to the left are for the master and can be seen in the next picture.  The scrap of paper under the brick and tile will be my wall colors..... for now.

This is only a partial display of the master bath choice; there will be a stone design element in the shower and the 6x6 tiles will be around the garden tub.  The large tile will be in the shower and on the floor.  The trim piece above what will be a 18x18 in size for the floor tiles is the trim for the shower.  

My plan is to get workers in there immediately after purchase papers are signed and the keys are handed over to complete the following projects.  

I opted out on carpet upgrades from the builder and will go with Peek's carpets as their service and guarantee have always been top notch.  They have carpeted all my existing rooms and I really like their selections, lots of selections.  

I'm also going to request bids from the three major closet design companies in advance.  

I already have shelving for the garage that I will take with me and that will need to be reinstalled, along with the Elfa I plan to put in the laundry room.  

The closer we get to the final purchase date I'll start making appointments with all these vendors to come out to that house and provide quotes for the post purchase work.  I'll place the orders based on how long they anticipate it will take for the materials for install to arrive.  I prefer to have all of the extra stuff done (paint, carpets, built-ins) ASAP, as in before moving in all the furniture.    

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment