Saturday, August 20, 2016

Looking at Weeks 5, 6 and 7

Unfortunately I have a job that requires too much of my personal life, but thankfully there wasn't a lot of activity worth documenting between weeks 2 and 4.

By time I was able to visit the site on week 5, the foundation had been dug and the framing was in process.  Late in week 6 they poured the foundation and since it has to cure for a bit of time, week 7 isn't much different than week 6. 

Below the foundation pictures is a shot of another model home that has the cabinet color I selected and the island is finished in cabinetry as mine will be.

Three pictures for week 5:





Two pictures for week 6:


That is a two level house going up on the street below my street.

One picture of week 7:

All the wood for framing is staked up around the foundation.  The workmen are all standing on the edges of the garage.


Not sure what wood choice this is, but I've selected Knotty Alder.  When I remodeled the current house I liked the "knots" in the wood, it was a good choice since everyone that sees my kitchen loves the cabinets.  Unfortunately the stain choices are all dark but we'll make it work. 



That's all for these weeks.  Next up week 10; I had to work week 9 so that's why there are no pictures.















No comments:

Post a Comment