Sunday, August 21, 2016

Week 8: No Time to Visit Site

Unfortunately in order to build this house, I need my job and that job usually requires I give up the first weekend of each month to close the books.  That was the case with Week 8 which was the last weekend in July.  

Instead of going out to the house, I packed in the evenings and made a trip to Ethan Allen to start the process of choosing fabrics for the new home.  

Below are pictures of some of the fabrics we are thinking of using in the master bedroom.  Also included are pictures of furniture that I already have or will be added. 


1. Sheer fabric for window; 2. fabric for chairs; 3. pillow fabric for bed; 4. Pillow fabric and possible window fabric; 5. bed comforter (have this already)



Alternate window treatment fabric; there is some fine blueish stitching in the bottom fabric that matches perfectly with the sheer fabric.  We're still trying to decide on either window panels or cornice board. 

The picture below is the chair that will be covered in fabric number 2.  This chair is called the Harris and it has an ottoman option; but, the existing furniture needs to go in first to judge what size chair(s) would suit best the space.  


The wood finish option here is silver; my selection will be English Toffee which is the finish on my bed.  

For the living room, the sofa will be recovered in the fabric to the left in the picture below.  I received an email from my interior designer Friday letting me know that fabric is in.  I hope they will allow me to push out the reupholster
date until after the house sells.  Showing the house with no sofa might look odd. 


Fabric to the left is for the sofa; fabric to the right is for the chairs.
The fabric to the right looks a bit orange in the photo, but it is actually a burgundy with golds and pinks.  That fabric will be used on two chairs that will go in front of the fireplace.  That chair is the Fairfax and it is super comfortable.


I like this wood finish, but unfortunately it won't work with the rest of the selections.  
  
Thanks for stopping by.  Next post is for weeks 9 and 10.

1 comment:

  1. Exciting to the max! Love Ethan Allen! Love your taste!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete