Friday, August 19, 2016

New Home In North Texas

Welcome to From the Ground Up.  I am building a new home in Texas and this blog will be used to share the fun of building it with family and friends.  For the most part the blog will be used to chronicle the week over week build of the house and to toss around ideas for decorating the house and landscaping the yard. 

To get started, below is the link to Highland Homes for the model home and floor plan. 
Highland Homes In Texas

The decorating in this model home is a bit strong and not anything like my personal style but thankfully it does not take away from the wonderful floor plan and flow of the home.

My home has two structural upgrades; the first is an extended patio the second is changing the 4th bedroom and storage room into an entertainment room and half bath.

For those that do not want to pop over to the Highland Homes link, I have posted the elevation, floor plan and a few pictures of the model below. 

So thank you to my family and friends that will pop in to take a look. 

This is Elevation D. This gives the single story house the feel of a two level home.

This angle is from the end of the main hallway looking into the family room and dining area.  The custom built-in dining hutch to the right in the picture, is an upgrade option; however I passed on that option because my existing china cabinet will fit into that space perfectly.  We estimate there will be about two inches on the sides and top once it is in.

Looking towards the front door.  I chose a door similar to this one to let the light into the otherwise windowless hallway.

Master Bedroom.  That is a king size bed (I measured it) which means my queen will fit in here with room to spare.

Master bathroom looking in from the bedroom.  The door straight ahead is the closet.  I chose a stone design for the shower and carried it through to the bathtub. 

The kitchen island will be raised to a height of 36 inches.  In the model the island has drywall; however because I am raising the island, it will be cabinetry all the way around. 


2 comments:

  1. Squee! To be honest, Carole, I'm wavering between being thrilled for you and being green with jealousy and hating you, lol! Nah, I'm only happy for you! What an adventure this will be ending in an incredible big gorgeous well-designed beautiful new home!! Thank you for sharing with me! I'll now go forward and see the progress ... Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bedroom #3 is currently tagged for the craft room. I will be down-sizing my set-up since I will have that nice little walk in closet.

      My interior designer and I have all the measurements and we are working on the furniture layouts. I want the craft room to have a less cluttered feel. It will however be the same color as the current room and I will continue with white or off-white furniture. Unfortunately the CR will be one of the last rooms I unpack.

      Delete